* Domesticated cats use vocalizations like meowing, purring and hissing – but feral cats are practically silent.
* Cats can pass their body through any space which they can fit their heads through.
* With extra thick enamel, less damaging saliva, less food retention between teeth and a mostly sugar-free diet, cats have better chompers than humans (this doesn’t mean they can’t have dental problems, so pay attention to your furry friend’s teeth!)
* Thanks to their powerful livers, cats can survive by drinking seawater if they have to.
* Cats’ life spans are on the rise – in the early 1980s cats were only expected to live seven years; now they are expected to live 12 – 15!